Pushcart Nominees 2011!
Contributors, you did not make the selection process easy this year at all!
We decided to select 1 fiction, 1 non-fiction and 4 poems for our Pushcart nominees given that we publish a lot more poems than prose.
It was surprising to see an all female line up when the nominations were finally shaken out!
- Hungry by Nancy Posey – poetry
- The White and the Yolk by Annmarie Lockhart – poetry
- You as Canyon by Rose Hunter – poetry
- The Diet by Angelle Scott – poetry
- Something Real by Elizabeth Rawlins – non-fiction
- Swim by Sheila Lamb – fiction
I also find it fitting that given how Referential Magazine works that some of these works refer to and from each other and that – somehow – they all speak to hunger/need.
Nicely done ladies. Nicely done.
And thanks, as always, to all of our contributors and readers for making picking “the best” very, very difficult 🙂